Improvement of the Conditions for Cross Border Electricity Trade in Turkey
Improvement of the Conditions for Cross Border Electricity Trade in Turkey in Compliance with the Best Practice in European Union
Under this project, RTE international assisted TEIAS in preparing for physical interconnection with the UCTE system and integration into the EU internal electricity market. The project had two main components: improving the operation and performance of the Turkish transmission system and developing the legislative framework.
- Improve the operation of the transmission system and maintenance performance (identification of new equipment needed)
- Reforming the operating conditions for cross-border electricity trade in Turkey by removing administrative and legislative barriers
- Improving the process of determining the necessary infrastructure for Turkey’s connection to the European electricity system (ENTSO-E)
- To map out the first steps towards the full integration of the Turkish electricity market into the EU internal market by analyzing the different types of applicable transmission tariffs while considering the losses on the network
- Analysis of the commercial and physical electricity exchange capacities between Turkey and the European Union Member States