European Commission – H2020 project
South East Europe
RTE international is currently developing a platform to facilitate coordination between Transmission System Operators (TSO) and Regional Security Centers (RSC) as part of the Trinity Project.
Trinity is a project that enhances cooperation and coordination among the TSOs of South-Eastern Europe to support the integration of the electricity markets in the region while promoting higher penetration of renewable energies. The project involves 19 partners, 8 TSOs, 4 NEMOS and 1 RSC from the SEE area. Trinity project is part of the European Commission H2020 initiative.
- The coordination platform supports the different existing business process applications and the new T-PRODUCT solutions provided in the scope of the project Trinity,
- Anticipating by providing to end-users and operators the most relevant information for next hours/days,
- Coordinating by harmonious functioning of different parties for effective results (launching and Monitoring coordination process, sharing answers of the participants in real-time, validating or rejecting every proposal with a clear explanation and an eventual counter-proposal),
- Monitoring by ensuring necessary transparency and auditability in the decision process (save all the answers and results of any coordination process, save business KPIs, edit some reports and monitor all steps and interactions during the coordination),
- Integrating two services that RSCs traditionally provide to TSOs: the Coordinated Security Analysis (CSA) continuously evaluating the coordination options available to avoid congestion risks, and the Coordinated Capacity Calculation (CCC) computing the exchange capacities between countries that can be offered to the market, without the risk of congestion.
The coordination platform is based on the Let’s coordinate and OperatorFabric open-source frameworks developed under the Linux Foundation for Energy.