Facilitating power trading and environmentally sustainable development of electricity infrastructure
Facilitating power trading and environmentally sustainable development of electricity infrastructure in the greater Mekong sub-region
RTE International has provided technical assistance in establishing a regional electricity market (update of the Master Plan, economic evaluation of the benefits of interconnections, transmission studies, study of the regulatory framework). This market strengthens the reliability of power supply, extends rural electrification, and improves the use of generation system capacities.
- Analysis of international experiences in establishing a regional electricity market, obstacle identification, and corrective measures.
- Development strategy for the regional electricity market,
- Master plan for interconnections between countries in the region,
- An integrated action plan for the Regional Power Trade Coordination Committee (RPTCC) ,
- Training of stakeholders.