System Studies & EMT Expert HVDC/ FACTS
Join the Team of Experts at RTE international
RTE international provides engineering, consultancy, and training services as well as equipment. To support its ambitious growth plan, RTE international is recruiting several key profiles who will use their skills and commitment to progress business development activities and to secure new opportunities and clients.
The candidate will be expected to demonstrate rigour and motivation, know how to adapt to the specificities of our activities and create suitable solutions.
As a start-up subsidiary, RTE international offers a demanding, yet open and collaborative working environment, with very stimulating roles for candidates with potential.
Profile & experience
- Experience in HVDC/FACTS steady state and dynamic network design studies, network structure development, planning of C&P systems for electrical power systems and power electronics ( > 5 years).
- Advanced skills in the field of high voltage applications, power transmission systems, power electronics, renewable generation, power system planning and development.
- Solid knowledge of typical power system simulation programs (e.g., PSCAD/EMTDC, EMTP, ATP, Matlab/Simulink). Experience in PSS/E, PowerFactory, NETOMAC and similar software is a plus.
- Used to presenting results to project management and the customer. Your preferred working environment is one in which you use initiative, analytic and strategic thinking, teamwork, is customer-orientated and allows you to collaborate with culturally-diverse teams.
- Postgraduate studies or a Master’s (MSc – Master of Science)
- Doctorate (PhD – Doctor of Philosophy) is a plus
- French: fluent (optional but you should have a basis)
- English: fluent (mandatory)
- Other languages: desirable
Model transmission grids for different types of studies and especially EMT type studies.
Simulating electrical phenomena using a Real Time simulation system with industrial control and protection systems.
Analysing dynamic behaviour of AC/DC converters including impact of C&P systems.
Identifying potential interaction phenomena and providing analysis and recommendations to limit adverse interactions.
Holding technical discussions with vendors of power-based equipment and clients on the integration and system studies.
Responsibility for conduction of studies, such as:
- Main Circuit Parameter Studies
- Insulation Coordination
- Dynamic Performance Studies
- Transient Stresses Studies
- Harmonic Studies
- Transient Stability Studies
- Interaction Studies
Support to research and development topics for HVDC/FACTS and network projects.
Contribution to FACTS/HVDC specifications.
Giving support in and carrying out Feasibility Studies.
Support to Design Review and Assurance activities.
Contribution to the development of RTEi’s HVDC/FACTS activities
- Position based in Lyon
- Some trips abroad to be planned