Design Engineer HVDC
Join the team of expert at RTE international
RTE international is a consultancy service and engineering company covering all aspects of electricity transmission. RTE international is at the service of its customers all over the world to provide aid in the development of reliable, competitive electricity systems that meet the challenges of the energy transition.
As a subsidiary of RTE, the largest electricity Transmission System Operator in Europe, RTE international offers stakeholders in the power system sector tailor-made solutions for the development, operation, and maintenance of networks. Since its creation in 2006, the experts at RTE international, drawing on the know-how and skills developed over more than 70 years within RTE, have carried out more than 300 projects in more than 50 countries on all continents. RTE international employs 50 people and nearly 100 experts per year.
In the context of its development, RTE international (RTEi) is looking for a Design Engineer HVDC :
Missions and activities
- Leading Project Engineer
- Conceptual HVDC/FACTS Studies
- Feasibility Studies
- Design Review and Assurance
- Site and Factory acceptance tests
- Leading HVDC/FACTS projects and related project tenders
- (Sub-) Project Management
- Experience in the conceptual design of power systems, switch gears, substations, HVDC and FACTS (≥ 5 years).
- Detailed knowledge in high voltage engineering and design including converter station equipment such as sub-modules/valves, transformers, reactors, and filters.
- Experience with related design studies and concepts including : Main Circuit Parameter Studies, Insulation Coordination, Dynamic Performance Studies, Transient Stresses Studies, Harmonic Studies, Control and Protection concepts and strategies.
- Experienced in presenting results to project management and customers.
- Postgraduate studies or a Master’s (MSc – Master of Science)
- Doctorate (PhD – Doctor of Philosophy) is a plus
- French: fluent (optional but you should have a basis)
- English : fluent (mandatory)
- Other languages: desirable
- Position based in Lyon
- Some trips abroad to be planned
- Type of contract: Permanent, full time
Send your resume to recrutement[at]rte-international.com mentioning the position you are applying for.