Design Engineer HVDC/FACTS
Join the Team of Experts at RTE international
RTE international provides engineering, consultancy, and training services as well as equipment. To support its ambitious growth plan, RTE international is recruiting several key profiles who will use their skills and commitment to progress business development activities and to secure new opportunities and clients.
The candidate will be expected to demonstrate rigour and motivation, know how to adapt to the specificities of our activities and create suitable solutions.
As a start-up subsidiary, RTE international offers a demanding, yet open and collaborative working environment, with very stimulating roles for candidates with potential.
Profile & experience
Experience in the conceptual design of power systems, switchgears, substations, HVDC and FACTS (≥ 5 years).
Detailed knowledge in high voltage engineering and design including converter station equipment such as sub-modules/valves, transformers, reactors and filters.
Experience with related design studies and concepts including:
- Main Circuit Parameter Studies,
- Insulation Coordination,
- Dynamic Performance Studies,
- Transient Stresses Studies,
- Harmonic Studies,
- Control and Protection concepts and strategies.
Used to presenting results to project management and customers. Your preferred working environment is one in which you use initiative, analytic and strategic thinking, teamwork, is customer-orientated and allows you to collaborate with culturally-diverse teams.
- Postgraduate studies or a Master’s (MSc – Master of Science)
- Doctorate (PhD – Doctor of Philosophy) is a plus
- French: fluent (optional but you should have a basis)
- English: fluent (mandatory)
- Other languages: desirable
- Leading Project Engineer
- Conceptual HVDC/FACTS Studies
- Feasibility Studies
- Design Review and Assurance
- Site and Factory acceptance tests
- Leading HVDC/FACTS projects and related project tenders
- (Sub-) Project Management
- Position based in Lyon
- Some trips abroad to be planned